If kids are bored at home, invite them to cook with you! Engaging them in culinary activities will not only keep them busy, but it will open up a world of new experiences.
Specifically, cooking as a family It brings many benefits to the little ones: they discover new textures and flavors, they improve their motor skills, they develop communication and creativity, as well as they improve self-confidence. Plus, cooking can provide them with a lot of fun and discipline while still piqued their curiosity as they discover the value of teamwork.
Rest assured that if they don't become great chefs or foodies, they will learn many things that they will keep forever as beautiful childhood memories. For all of the above, in Recetagratis we will share with you 10 recipes to make with children very easy and super fun.
Mini pizzas with sliced bread
What a practical and tasty idea, pizza with sliced bread! This easy recipe for kidsIt is ideal to start the little ones in the culinary world. The best of all? They can add the extra ingredients they want, transforming this pizza into a product of their creativity.
- 2 slices of sliced bread
- 1 small glass of fried tomato (sauce)
- 50 grams of mozzarella cheese
- 3 units of anchovy fillet (optional)
- 1 tablespoon diced ham
- 1 tablespoon diced bacon
- 1 pinch of spices to taste (basil, oregano or others)
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- Cover a tray with baking paper.
- Let the children arrange the slices of sliced bread on the tray. Instruct them to leave space between them, approximately 5 centimeters. Everything ready for assembly!
- Spread each slice with the sauce, using a spatula or kitchen brush. If you prefer, you can change the fried tomato sauce for homemade tomato sauce.
- Add a thin layer of mozarrella cheese.
- You already have the bases of the mini pizzas, now add the complementary ingredients: ham, bacon and anchovies. If you prefer other flavors, you can change these ingredients for those that you like more.
- Add more cheese on top of the mini pizzas.
- Finish the assembly by sprinkling the spices on them. These appetizers have Provencal pepper and herbs, but you can substitute them for oregano and / or basil.
- Put the mini pizzas in the oven already preheated. This is up to you: heat them for 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Cut the pizza slices. You can give it the traditional pizza shape or an original shape with cookie cutters.
Who said that food is not to be played with? You play, you eat and … you paint! If you want to check it, prepare this recipe for children to make of colored spaghetti. Of course, clarify before that not all paints can be eaten.
- 150 g of spaghetti
- 12 small sausages
- 1 jet of oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 25 drops of blue food coloring (for pastry)
- 15 drops of red food coloring (for pastry)
- Grated cheese or cheese to melt
- Cook the pasta as usual. Optionally, you can add basil or oregano leaves to the water.
- Once al dente, add a dash of oil in the saucepan and stir (so they won't stick).
- Strain the spaghetti and give them a quick bath under the tap and with plenty of water.
- Divide the pasta into two parts and reserve them in plastic bags. In this case we will paint in two colors, but you can divide the paste into all the colors you want to add.
- From here, you can already work with the children. For the blue paste, add in one of the bags: a couple of tablespoons of water and 20 drops of blue food coloring. While for the violet paste, pour into the other bag: a couple of tablespoons of water, 15 drops of red food coloring and 5 of blue food coloring.
- Close the bags very well and shake. Although at first there are uneven or white parts, little by little you will see how the spaghetti stains completely.
- Add butter, grated cheese, or melting cheese.
- Cut the sausages into octopus tentacles. If you consider that children are of an age to use a knife (not very sharp), you can let them help you. Cut each mini sausage from the middle down and vertically into eight parts or tentacles.
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan. Drop the sausage octopuses there and, if that's okay with you, let the kids stir them up while you supervise. You will see how octopuses cook while they open their tentacles.
- Serve the pasta. Let the little ones arrange their dishes as they like.
Chocolate and Maria cookie truffles
If you are looking recipes to make with children without oven, This recipe for Maria and chocolate cookie truffles is ideal to start the little ones in the world of baking. Preparing them seems like a culinary game, thanks to their simplicity and fun steps. If you want to maximize this experience, buy many confetti in different shapes and colors to decorate, the more colors the better!
- 2 packages of Maria cookies (400 g)
- 1 jar of condensed milk (approx. 400 g)
- 1 tablet of chocolate for dessert (to melt)
- Chocolate shavings or cocoa powder
- Crush the Maria cookies. Instruct the children how to crush the cookies into a plastic bag using a rolling pin. If you can't find Maria cookies, serve any similar one.
- For your part, chop the chocolate as finely as possible and reserve.
- Pour the condensed milk and the chopped chocolate into a bowl. Let the children stir the mixture, until the ingredients are integrated.
- Add the crushed cookies. Mix until you get a smooth paste that can be worked.
- Round the truffles using a spoon. Show them how it's done and let them make the balls the size they want. You can also make them with your hands, as if it were modeling clay or clay.
- Decorate with shavings. Make a bowl full of chocolate shavings and another one with chocolate powder (or better yet cocoa powder). The little ones will be able to choose where to dip their truffles.
- Put the truffles on a tray and refrigerate before consuming them, so they get more consistency.
- Serve them in trays or molds. This presentation captivates the eye and is more hygienic. Choose the training with the kids, they will love this mission.
Mini burgers for kids
Mini burgers for kids! Yes, although standard burgers appeal to grown-ups and boys alike, kids will love a mini version made just for them. In addition, they will like both preparing and eating them. Prepare this delicious dinner for children following these steps:
- 250 g of ground meat
- 1 tbsp mustard dessert
- 1 lemon (the juice)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce dessert
- 3 slices of red tomato
- 2 tablespoons of white onion
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 3 units of small bread
- 30 milliliters of oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 3 slices of cheese (optional)
- Mix the following ingredients from a list in a bowl: ground beef, soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Knead the mixture a little until all the ingredients are integrated.
- Form small patties. Show children how to shape meat with their hands. Reserve the finished pieces on a large flat plate.
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan. This step and the next, do them yourself. Cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side and set aside on a large flat plate.
- Cut the onions into feathers and sauté them. Add sugar, salt and pepper, while cooking over low heat, until caramelized.
- Wash the lettuce and tomato very well and then cut them. Cut the tomato into slices. Meanwhile, children can cut several pieces of lettuce with their hands. Reserve separately.
- Assemble the burgers. First of all, lay out all the reserved ingredients on the bench, including the sauces. Assemble the first hamburger as a sample and let the children put the rest together.
If you can not find a way to create a taste for the little ones for fruits, prepare this tasty, original and nutritious watermelon pizza. You will see, they will enjoy very much assembling this fruit puzzle, as well as tasting it. Also, this is an excellent recipe to make with children in classIt does not need to be cooked or refrigerated for a long time.
- 1 mango
- ½ watermelon
- 1 nectarine
- 1 kiwi
- 1 tbsp blackberry
- Wash the fruits, drain them very well and reserve.
- Peel the fruits and cut them. The sliced kiwi, the wedged mango imitating the cheese and the nectarine in irregular pieces. The berries remain whole. Reserve everything separately.
- Cut a flat slice of watermelon. The thickness should be 1 or 2 centimeters. If you have seeds, remove them. Next, chop the slice, half as much as if you were dividing a pizza. Set it on a large flat plate or on a round wooden board.
- Lay out all the reserved fruit pieces on the table. When assembling, instruct the children to first place the mango, then the kiwi, followed by the nectarine and lastly the blackberries. For the final touch, you can add fresh cheese or cereal to the pizza. Once ready, everyone to taste!
If, in addition to fruits, you want children to take a liking to vegetables, we invite you to visit our articles 40 recipes with zucchini for children and 40 recipes with easy aubergines for children.
Sweet skewers for children
What kid doesn't like candy? As you already know the answer, invite them to make these colorful and tasty skewers as a family, an excellent recipe to make with children without an oven. You will see that they will be entertained for a good time. Of course, buy them sweets of many colors and shapes so that they give free rein to their creativity.
- Wooden skewer sticks
- 1 pack of colored sweets
- 1 package of jelly beans
- Buy jelly beans of all kinds. The more variety the better, so children can make many types of combinations. Base your choice on a variety of colors, shapes, types and flavors. Another option is to prepare your own homemade jelly beans at home.
- Separate the jellies by shapes, types and colors. Ask the children to help you sort and arrange them on the work table, also place the wooden chopsticks. Remember, sweets should be at room temperature, so they mount more easily.
- Assemble the skewers with similar shapes, but with different colors and sizes. For example, if you have heart jelly beans, make skewers with hearts of all colors and sizes, they will look great!
- Use jelly tapes to shape the skewers into various shapes. Zigzag them alone or interspersed with other treats. Exchange ideas with the kids, so they will come out with great lollipops.
This recipe for sweet skewers for children is perfect for celebrations and parties. We invite you to see other similar recipes in Halloween recipes for children.
Sushi for children
An American sandwich that looks like a Japanese dish? What fun! Kids and adults alike will love the classic flavor of peanut butter and strawberry jam, in the form of a fun and easy sushi roll for kids. And what will be the best? Prepare and taste it as a team.
- 3 slices of sliced bread
- 1 jar of peanut butter or peanut butter
- 1 jar of strawberry jam
- Strawberry syrup (optional)
- Work the slices of bread. Next to the children, flatten and spread them, using a rolling pin. They must be flat and compact.
- Spread the bread slices with peanut butter. Let the small ones be generous with the butter, but spread it evenly. If you feel like it, you can also prepare homemade peanut butter, you will love it!
- Add a layer of strawberry jam. You can also combine peanut butter with chocolate, nutella, peach jam, blackberries or others. Do you want to make your own jam? Here is the recipe for homemade strawberry jam.
- Roll up the spread slices (make bread rolls). Instruct the kids to do it little by little, otherwise they may break. Squeeze well and refrigerate for 10 minutes before serving.
- Take the bread rolls out of the fridge and cut them. Before plating this sweet appetizer, cut the pieces of sushi of a more or less thick size. Give the kids a few pointers to avoid getting cut or do it yourself.
- Serve the sushi dipped in strawberry syrup. And to close with a flourish, enjoy with chopsticks, it will be hilarious!
Advice: Use smooth, peanut butter or peanut butter.
Spaghetti with sausages for children
Hairy sausages! These easy and fun spaghetti will be even more memorable if they are prepared as a family. An infallible dish because it combines two ingredients widely used in the kitchen for children: sausages and pasta.
- 4 Frankfurt sausages
- 150 g of pasta
- 1 jet of oil
- 20 drops of food coloring (optional)
- Cut the sausages into more or less thick slices and set aside.
- Prepare the work table for the little ones. Top with the minced sausages and a bunch of raw spaghetti.
- Lay two chopped sausages on the table, one on top of the other, and run them through with three sticks of spaghetti. Drag the sausages up, do it carefully without breaking the pasta. Put two more sausages on the table and repeat the operation. Once the four pieces of sausage are assembled, arrange them along the rod, leaving a separation of approximately 10 centimeters between them.
- While the other pieces are assembled, heat the water and add a splash of oil.
- Once all the pieces are ready, cook them for 7-10 minutes. They must be al dente.
- Drain the pasta. Make sure the spaghetti was cooked evenly, especially those parts that were left inside the sausages. Handle the pasta carefully so that it does not break.
- If you want to impress the children more, you can paint the paste. Put it back in the saucepan and add a tablespoon of hot water and 20 drops of coloring of the color chosen by the children.
- Finally, serve the pasta. Add the children's favorite sauce and lots of cheese.
If you want to see the recipe with photos and more details, we invite you to visit it in Spaghetti with sausages for children.
Nutella and banana pizza
We have already prepared an express pizza, a fruit pizza and now we will prepare a delicious nutella and banana pizza. Pizza is a favorite food for young and old alike, so it's perfect to encourage them to practice their skills with easy cooking for kids.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 jar of nutella
- 100 g fresh strawberries
- 20 g of chopped almonds
- 20 g of grated coconut
- Put all the ingredients on the table: the sliced banana, the nutella, the sliced fresh strawberries, the chopped almonds, the grated coconut, the tortillas, and a plastic spatula or knife (blunt). Remember to wash the strawberries very well.
- Spread the nutella on each tortilla. Distribute it equally.
- Put the banana and strawberry slices to taste.
- Finally, sprinkle with grated coconut and almonds. This will be the finishing touch for sweet pizza. You could also complete or replace with chocolate or colored shavings.
Advice: If you feel like it, try other fruit combinations.
Fruit skewers with jelly
With this preparation we finalize our list of recipes to make with children at home. When you make these tasty, healthy and fun fruit jelly skewers, kids will start to love fruits. This combination of gelatin and fruit will be irresistible for the little ones.
- Wooden skewer sticks
- 2 cups of strawberry
- ½ pineapple
- 3 handles
- 3 cups of water (720 ml)
- ½ sachet of grape jelly (powder)
- ½ sachet of lemon jelly (powder)
- ½ sachet of grape jelly (powder)
- Prepare the jellies of the three flavors and reserve in the fridge. If it seems appropriate, you can involve the children in this part of the recipe, tell them how it is done. Remember, preferably use a square, wide and medium deep container so that later you can more easily cut the gelatin.
- Wash the fruits, peel them and cut them into cubes (approximately 2x1cm or 2×2 cm) or slice them (you can leave the strawberries whole). You can also cut the fruits using cookie cutters. Whatever your choice, in the end, reserve each fruit separately.
- Unmold the gelatin and cut it into cubes or shapes. Reserve the pieces by color.
- Prepare the work table together with the children. Place all necessary ingredients and utensils on the workspace.
- Assemble the skewers as you like. Try combining shapes, colors and sizes.
- If you want, you can impregnate the skewers with melted chocolate and chocolate shavings (also serves grated coconut).
Advice: If you feel like it, use other fruits and other gelatin flavors.
If you liked the article 10 recipes to make with childrenWe suggest that you enter our Nutrition and health category.