Taco Soup Recipe
When you speak about comfort foods, you must include taco soup. It is great for cheering spirits and perfect when it is snowing outside. It makes up for a perfect warm bowl of soup when you are indoors on holidays. This soup is a meal on its own. It is fun to make and great to have. What is keeping you from trying this simple taco soup recipe? This is really a simple recipe made with easily available ingredients. Your family will keep asking for more.
This recipe is a tried and tested one. You can simply follow it to get some delicious taco soup for your family. You could make this in a dutch oven, a slow cooker or even a stock pot. It is best if you make it in a dutch oven, as there is equal heat distribution in it. Cooking is slow and the soup turns out fine. Just try it out and you will treasure this recipe.
Fussy Kids and Soup
If you have fussy kids at home who do not eat healthy food, you must try this out for them. This soup is healthy and delicious. Your kids will ask for more, and it will make you happy seeing them eat such healthy meal. The best part about this is that, this soup is as easy to make, as it is delicious to taste it.
You must first get all the ingredients needed to make this soup. These ingredients are easily available and it will not be difficult for you to get them. You will need the following.
- Red Beans (drained) – one can
- Ground beef – 1-1 ½ lbs
- Black beans (drained) – one can
- Onion (chopped) – 1 smal
- Whole corn kernels (drained) – one can
- Taco seasoning mix – 1 packet
- Tomato Sauce – one can
- Crushed tomatoes – one can
- Diced Tomatoes – one can
- Cheddar Chees
- Tortilla Chips
- Chopped green onion
- Sour cream
To cook this delicious hearty taco soup recipe you have to follow these steps.
1) In a stew pot or Dutch oven, you have to first cook the beef.
Cook the beef with onion, salt and pepper. The beef has to brown all over. In case you need a hotter soup, you can even add cayenne pepper.
2) Add diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, taco seasoning, corn, beans and tomato sauce. Mix it very well.
3) Cook for about 2 hours on low heat. If you are cooking in a slow cooker, it will need 4-6 hours.
4) Once done, serve with chopped green onions, sour cream, tortilla chips and cheddar cheese.
5. You could even use shredded chicken breasts instead of beef if you wish.
If you serve this soup to visitors, they will beg you for this taco soup recipe. This soup stimulates taste buds and is delicious. Anyone having it will really enjoy this lovely, warm soup. Therefore, whether you are making the soup for your guests or for your family, many compliments are sure to come. Since it easy and cheap to make this soap, you can try the recipe as many times as possible.