Baking Breads – the Ciabatta Breads to be precise
Baking Breads – Ciabatta Ingredients: Serves: 15
- 1/8 teaspoon dried active baking yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/3 cup (80ml) warm water
- 1 (135g) bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried active baking yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm milk
- 2/3 cup (160ml) warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (275g) bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Starter: In a medium bowl, stir together the yeast and 2 tablespoons warm water then let stand 5 minutes or until creamy. Add the remaining water and bread flour. Stir 4 minutes, then cover bowl with cling wrap. Let starter stand at cool room temperature for at least 12 hours and up to 1 day.
- Bread: In a small bowl, stir together yeast and warm milk then let stand 5 minutes or until creamy. In bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, blend together milk mixture, starter, warm water, olive oil and flour at low speed until flour is just moistened; add salt and mix until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Scrape dough into an oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap.
- Let dough rise at room temperature until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours. Dough will be sticky and full of air bubbles. Turn dough out onto a well-floured work surface and cut in half. Transfer each half to a sheet of baking paper and form into an irregular oval about 25cm long. Dimple loaves with floured fingers and dust tops with flour. Cover loaves with a clean, damp tea towel. Let loaves rise at room temperature until almost doubled in bulk, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- At least 45 minutes before baking ciabatta, put a baking stone on the lowest oven shelf and preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Transfer 1 loaf on its parchment onto a baking tray and tilt baking tray to slide loaf with parchment onto back half of stone. Transfer remaining loaf to front half of stone in a similar manner. Bake ciabatta loaves 20 minutes, or until golden. Cool loaves on a wire rack.
Now enjoy this with a nice smooth cup of organo gold black coffeeand it will set you up for the day
Having Baked that bread now try some chocolate-bread-pudding
make life easier and use the remix Baking Bread mix for the Ciabatta (refer below)